We are going to show you how to check your competitor’s youtube keyword tags without using extensions.
By now, we all know that Youtube is the second largest search engine on the internet and people, influencers, and businesses are starting to jump aboard the video marketing ship. It’s never too late to start creating video content, but with other videos that have been out for a while with thousands of views. You’re probably wondering how you can compete. It’s easy! Just produce real content, come up with a captivating title, well-written descriptions, and do a lot of keyword research. But you probably don’t have time to do a lot of keyword research. This is why this article is going to help you at least get your video seen as a suggested video next to your competitors’ videos.
For this method to work, you need to use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox web browsers. I tried Apple’s Safari, but it was very difficult to even locate the term keywords with their web inspector tool. If you know how to locate the keywords tag with Apple’s Safari web browser comment below or shoot us a message with your knowledge.
Follow these steps to search for your competitors’ keywords on youtube using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers. Keep in mind you will have to be viewing the video on youtube’s web page.
Check Competitors Youtube Keyword Tags on Chrome Browsers
- Right-click anywhere on the youtube web page (do not right click on the video).
- On the drop-down, after right clicking, select “View Page Source.” I found out that viewing the page source is much easier to find keywords than using the inspect tool.
- Now if you’re using iOS or Windows you will want to use the search feature to locate specific words or terms. In this case, we are searching for “Keywords.”
- For iOS hold down the Command key and press F. (Command + F)
- For windows hold down the Control key and press F. (Control + F)
This will bring up the search box to search for any text on a web page. In this case, you’re searching for the word “Keywords” in the source code.
Lifehacker.com has a great article on a few important keyboard shortcuts that every computer user should know. It’s nothing new as these shortcuts have been around for a while, but it’s always nice to get a refresher on shortcuts that are beneficial.
4) In the search box type out the word “Keywords.” Keep in mind this will bring up multiple results. Use the up and down arrows located in the search box to filter through the results. If you use the Tab key on your keyboard it would not work because it tabs over web links.
5) What you’re looking for is the beginning of the keywords and it looks exactly like this “keywords”: (here is where the keywords begin).
Check Competitors Youtube Keyword Tags on Firefox Browsers
I’m not going to give you a list of instructions for this browser, because it’s almost identical to Google Chrome. With my personal opinion, I believe that Mozilla Firefox is much easier to view the page source. It doesn’t feel so cluttered with code. Depending on which browser you’re used to is how you should view the source code.
Now that you’ve found out how to check your competitor’s youtube tags, you can pretty much use the same tags. Keep in mind that if you use tags that don’t relate to your video, it will on hurt your video’s ranking placement.
Do you have any questions in regards to finding your competitors youtube keywords or have any suggestions to add more to this blog? Shoot us a message or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear your thoughts!